Monday, June 21, 2010

if you are adopting transracially...

...you might find this frustrating, offensive, difficult, and possibly more helpful than anything else out there to prepare for the road ahead.

[I know I probably need to be frustrated, offended, and made to read/watch difficult things in order to be the best adoptive parent I can be.]

For those who dare to join me, I'm attempting this Crash Course in Transracial Parenting. It's clearly not for the faint of heart, but then... neither is any type of parenting, adoptive, transracial, or otherwise!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I saw this post last night and I checked out his page for myself. I was up until MIDNIGHT reading the blogs he recommended. Suffice it to say, I will be taking this journey along with you and it will be life-changing.
    :)Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha good to hear!! You should also check out http://traparenting.wordpress.com -- you have to email the admin to get access. It is an online community based off of John Raible's crash course. Block off some time before you start on it though... haha! :)

    ReplyDelete