Friday, March 9, 2012

getting cheeky

I know I promised another installment in the 'epic post-placement post' series, but for some reason I haven't made time to sit down and write it yet. In the meantime, I'll share a funny story from last weekend. The kids were invited to 2 birthday parties at the same time last Saturday, so we had to divide and conquer. J took Z to the Super Jump Zone and I took the big boys to the Family Fun Center: sheer chaos and plenty of over-stimulating fun had by all.

Before I go on with this story there is something you need to know: I am obsessed with Z's bum. I think it is the cutest butt in the whole wide world and I don't care who knows it. If he didn't have such an adorable face I'd have to call his bum his best feature. Z is well aware of my love for his backside. He thinks it's normal (poor child), and now pretty much requires that we take note of his junk in the trunk as often as possible. Just about every time we change his clothes, he runs around the house shouting, "Look-a-bum! Look-a-bum!" If someone is not paying it appropriate attention he will get in their face and make them take note: "Daddy! DADDY! Look-a-bum!" (Don't act like your family doesn't do weird stuff like this. You know you do.)

So. Back to the birthday parties. As the cake is being passed out, I get a text from J:



Yep, apparently he just walked up a stranger and gave her a little love tap. Which we I accidentally taught him was an acceptable way to interact with someone. Oops.

But seriously, tell me: how could you NOT be obsessed with this?



P.S. Yes, we are trying to teach Z that it's only OK to talk about / touch / obsess over buns at home. :)

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Those little brown bottoms are sooooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can see why that happened. That boy has a CUTE butt. However: So very wrong. And therefore: So very hilarious.

    ReplyDelete