Today we got an email from CHI letting us know that they will not be placing the 6 year old girl with us. Although we pretty much expected this news, it hit hard and our hearts are heavy.
It would be easier to make a list of things we're sad about, but here is a list of things we are thankful for.
* We believe that the staff of CHI considered this carefully and had the best interests of the child and our family in mind when they made the decision.
* The email we received was gentle, thoughtful, thorough, specific, and in many ways actually encouraging to us, despite the heart-breaking news.
* CHI and YWAM are working hard to find the right family for this sweet girl, a family with seasoned parents whose other children are already grown.
* God will bring us our next child in His good time. We know that CHI and YWAM will do their best to help us find that child and bring him or her home. This is a bump in the road, but it is not by any means the end of the road.
* While we wait we also savor this time as a family of four, enjoying our sweet boys as much as we can. We are so excited for the next phase of our family's life, but we also recognize that it will never be the same after we add a new Ballast into the mix. These waiting days are long, but they are special too.
For now, please continue to pray for us: for our grieving and healing, for our wisdom and understanding, for our openness to God's will, and for our trust in His provision. Thanks.